St Ciaran’s Art & Design Department invite all connected to SCC to take part in our ‘Life in Lockdown ' art competition.
We are asking all pupils/teachers and the wider school community to submit a picture created in a media of their choice that represents life during Covid-19.
As we have all been living through extraordinary and challenging times recently, this competition is aimed to capture the amazing sense of support, generosity and hope being witnessed all across the world and perhaps leave a legacy through the medium of art that captures the community spirit and kindness which we can all be proud of.
The Covid-19 pandemic has disrupted public life in a way that has never been seen before. The implications of the outbreak have stretched far beyond what we could have ever imagined. We have all faced our own challenges some of which may take many months or even years to overcome. Amongst all the challenges, is a positive; almost immediately we as a community came together and worked together for the greater good even though we were apart.
You may want to consider thinking about those around you who have and are continuing to face so many challenges every day. You also may decide to do something which would benefit the more vulnerable in our community or society.
- First prize £100 one for all voucher.
- We want you to illustrate a 2 dimensional piece of artwork. We would like you to think creatively, using your knowledge of the Visual Elements, colour theory etc.
- Your entry must be original and all your own work. Maximum A3 size and produced in a media or mediums of your own choice.
- When submitting your work can you please write your details on the back including your name, class (if applicable) and state that you give your permission for your work to be submitted on SCC social media platforms.
- Work must be submitted on for before 3pm on Friday 26thJune 2020
The Art work must be submitted by post to:
St Ciarans College
C/o Mrs A. Kelly Art Competition
15 Tullybryan Road
*All the artwork submitted will be displayed in school when we return in September.
**Mrs A. Kelly, Mrs S. Kelly and Miss Caroline Early have kindly donated a voucher worth £100 which will be awarded to the overall winning entry. Mr P. Lavery has kindly sponsored additional second and third prizes.