Primary Seven students, parents and carers, I hope you find this page informative in offering you an insight into the life of our school in Year 8.
St Ciaran’s is a school where pupils, in partnership with parents and the community, fulfil their potential in all areas of school life. We continue to be a beacon for Catholic education through our nurturing, caring and inclusive ethos. Pupils of all abilities benefit from an educational experience which is inspired by the school’s motto ‘Fortis in Fide’ meaning ‘Strong in Faith’.
We very much hope that you will choose to become a member of the St Ciaran’s family.
Click the image below to visit our virtual open night:
The following admission criteria will be applied by the Board of Governors of St Ciaran’s College to Primary 7 students applying for admission in September 2021.
In the event of over-subscription in the case of the first or subsequent criteria the next criteria will be applied in order.
1. Resident in the parish of Aghaloo, Aughavea/ Aughentaine, Beragh, Clogher, Errigal Ciaran, Eskra, Killeeshil.
2. Applicants for whom a sibling is currently attending.
3. Children who attend St. Joseph’s Primary School, Galbally
4. Children who are not a resident of a contributory parish but who attend;
- Blessed Patrick O’Loughran, Castlecaulfield
- Derrylatinee P.S.
- Drumduff P.S.
- Roan P.S.
- Roscavey P.S.
- St Brigid’s P.S., Altamuskin
- St Joseph’s P.S., Caledon
- St Joseph’s P.S., Galbally
- St Lawrence’s P.S., Fintona
- St Macartan’s, P.S., Clogher
- St Malachy’s P.S., Glencull
- St Mary’s P.S., Aughnacloy
- St Mary’s P.S., Ballygawley
- St Mary’s P.S., Cabragh
- St Mary’s P.S., Fivemiletown
- St Oliver Plunkett P.S., Beragh
- St Patrick’s P.S., Aughadarragh
- St Patrick’s P.S., Donaghmore
- St Patrick’s P.S., Eskra
5. The eldest of the family.
6. Child of a staff member.
7. Age – The eldest applicants established by date of birth as entered on a birth certificate.
When considering which children should be selected for admission, the Board of Governors will only take into account information which is detailed on or attached to the Transfer Form. Parents should therefore ensure that all information pertaining to their child and relevant to the school’s admissions criteria is stated on the Transfer Form or attached to it including whether the child attends a contributory primary school and which parish they belong to.
DUTY TO VERIFY
Board of Governors reserves the right to require such supplementary evidence as it may determine to support or verify information on any Transfer Form. The provision of false or incorrect information or the failure to provide information within the deadlines set by the school can result in the withdrawal of a place and the inability to offer a place on the part of any school nominated on the applicant’s Transfer Form.
Key Stage 3 The school aims to provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all pupils. As a Catholic school, Religious Education is central to the pupil’s education and is a compulsory subject throughout all years. The other time-tabled subjects comply with the learning areas as laid down by the N.I. Curriculum.
To find out more about the Year 8 Curriculum, click on the image.
The 2021 Prospectus is now available: